Discover and visit Gérardmer
Recharge your batteries in the heart of the Gérardmer lake resort!
Winter sports area (downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, …) and summer health resort, Gérardmer, known as the "Pearl of the Vosges" offers you the attractiveness of an exceptional site: in the heart of the Vosges mountains in the Lorraine region, between LAKES (the heart of the Valley of Lakes), MOUNTAINS (Vosges) and FORESTS (beautiful fir and pine tree forests which colour the region green in winter and summer).
Sport, relaxation, local traditions await you in the heart of the Vosges mountains. Take advantage of your holiday or a weekend in the Vosges to relax at the Hotel de la Paix, just a stone's throw from the Gérardmer lake.
You can also choose to stay in the town in one of our other hotels in Gérardmer:
Our hotels are ideally located and allow you the possibility of discovering the Alsace and Lorraine regions.
Visit the natural and touristic sites of the Vosges.
A region surrounded by lakes at the foot of the mountains.
Gérardmer lake: the largest natural lake in the Vosges. Length: 2,2 km, width: 750 m, depth: 38 m.
Belbriette forest, shelters the tallest pine trees in the Vosges.
Longemer Lake: 5 km
Retournemer Lake: 12 km
Blanchemer Lake, Corbeaux Lake, Blanc Lake, Noir Lake, Vert Lake…
Saut des cuves waterfall
Grande Cascade de Tendon waterfall
Morainic slide at the Granges-sur-Vologne
La Roche du Diable - Devil's rock
The Route des Crêtes (Summit road) and the Schlucht pass: spread out over 80 km, half of it in the forest, the Route des Crêtes crosses through sumptuous landscape: lakes, mountains, passes, rocks, prairies and forests with colours which vary according to the seasons… You will love the majesty of the Hohneck and Grand Ballon panoramas and the variety of the mountain flora. Departing 30 kms from Colmar, the Route des Crêtes goes south towards Thann where it joins the beginning of the Route des Vins (wine road).
The most beautiful sites in the Alsace region, within 50 kilometres of Gérardmer: :
- Colmar and the route des vins d'Alsace (Alsace wine road)
- The beautiful towns of Eguisheim, Riquewihr, Ribeauvillé, Kaysersberg
- Haut Koenigsbourg castle
- Volerie des aigles (Eagle aviary), Montagne des singes (Monkey mountain), Parc des cigognes (Stork park)
Hotel de la Paix welcomes you throughout the summer
Activities not to be missed in the summer period
Sport and water activities on the Gérardmer lake: swimming, fishing, rowing, canoe-kayak, sailing, pedal boats, diving, tour of the lake in a speed boat (vedette)
Walking tour of the lake (6.5 km) and many other pedestrian trails lasting a few hours.
Mountain biking: with over 300 kms of trails for all levels in the areas around Gérardmer and Xonrupt-Longemer where the Jardins de Sophie hotel-spa is located, it is the largest area for mountain biking in the department, and the native land of the champion, Julien Absalon.
Hiking:300 km of hiking trails around Gérardmer among the pine trees (and in the Vosges over 18,000 km of trails marked and maintained by volunteers of the Club Vosgien founded in 1872 in Saverne)
Golf (1/2 hour away)
Horse and pony riding
Take advantage of a stay in Gérardmer at the Hotel de la Paix
Discover the many activities available in winter
Gérardmer, known as the "pearl of the Vosges", has one of the most beautiful ski areas in the East of France.
- Domaine de Gérardmer - la Mauselaine: 40 km of downhill slopes of which the longest slope in the Vosges (4 km), a secured sledging hill, a snow-park, only 2.5 km from the town centre. During school holidays and on weekends you can take the free shuttle bus. Nocturnal skiing by torchlight, fireworks and hot spiced wine.
- Domaine de la Bresse-Hohneck : for a change of pace, the largest ski area in the east of France is only ten kilometres away by car.
- strong> Domaine des Bas-Rupts : very close to Mauselaine, this ski area with 30 km of trails, is connected to both the Domaines of la Mauselaine and la Bresse to provide over 100 kilometres of groomed trails for Nordic skiing. Cross-country skiing, but also snowshoeing, can be done in the surrounding forests.
- Domaine de Lispach in the Chajoux valley: about 10 km away.
Snowshoeing in the Vosges: 6 marked trails with different levels of difficulty around Gérardmer.
Activities throughout the year in the Vosges
Located in the heart of the forest, only 8 km from Gérardmer and its activities
Museum of Images and Imagery in Epinal: 40 km
Museum of Lorraine Fauna, 500 m from the Saut des Cuves crossroads
Textile museum: 1.5 km from Ventron, to discover the history of this industry dear to the Vosges inhabitants
Casino : the Casino du Lac in Gérardmer has jackpot machines, as well as roulette, poker and black jack. It is only a few metres from the Hotel de la Paix and the Beau Rivage hotel in Gérardmer.
- Household linens: Gérardmer is the capital of household linens. Take advantage of your free time to visit the factory outlets and boutiques (Le Jacquard Français, Linvosges, Garnier-Thiébaut, Textiles de Granges sur Vologne, Blanc des Vosges - François Hans, ...)
- Local products and crafts: discover traditional products from the Vosges region. Honey and preserves, famous Géromé munster cheese, eaux de vie, stone, wood and leather crafts, lace, enamels, etc… at the Association des Artisans de Village de Liezay.
- Crafts, charcuterie and cheeses, pine tree honey at the Maison de la Montagne in Gérardmer. Fermented beverages made from fruits, flowers and plants at the Petits Crus Vosgiens in Gérardmer or at Cuvées Vosgiennes at La Bresse. Wooden clogs at the Saboterie des Lacs. At the Confiserie des Hautes Vosges in Plainfaing, you can watch the making of Vosges candies and even taste some, etc.
Events not to be missed around Gérardmer
The Hotel de la Paix calendar
July 13: Public dance with bonfire
July 14: Fireworks from the Locle pier
August 14 :Féérie du Lac: a free show on the lake, with the not to be missed fireworks and musical accompaniment.
Gérardmer Triathlon : this exceptional event gathers high-level athletes every year in September. Every first weekend september, the Triathlon Distance Olympique will take place (integrating the famous "Escape to Alcatraz Triathlon Series) and the Triathlon XL, as well as Discovery and TriKids versions for children. Program DO: 1.5 km swimming, 10.5 km running, 39 km biking. Program XL: 1.9 km swimming, 21 km running, 93 km biking.
Sci-Fi Film Festival in Gérardmer: takes place every year the last week of January, for lots of thrills …
Film Festival : this very fun event takes place at the end of March at the Casino du Lac a few metres from the Beau Rivage hotel and the Hôtel de la Paix. About twenty preview films are shown to the public at a low-cost, in presence of numerous actors and directors...A gathering of real enthusiasts! Enjoy!
Festival of Daffodils: Don't miss this exceptional event which takes place every two years in april month in Gérardmer! Millions of flowers will decorate several dozen floats… A sumptuous parade to announce the coming of spring...Program includes: decoration with flowers on Friday and Saturday evenings, public dance Saturday evening in town, parade with the floats , brass bands and folkloric groups on Sunday, …
Prepare your stay or your weekend in our hotel in total tranquillity